- Mediation Services
- 1970, Kansas
- 1974, Texas
- University of Kansas, J.D.
- Smith County Bar Association (President, 1988)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- East Texas Bankruptcy Bar Association (Director, 1991-2002)
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Smith County Bar Foundation (President-Elect, 2009)
- East Texas Chapter, Association of Attorney-Mediators (Director, 1993-2002)
- Board certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Course Director, State Bar of Texas Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, 1990.
- American Bar Association (member, Task Force on Economics of Chapter 11 Practice, Business Law Section, 1987-1988)
- State Bar of Texas (member, liaison with the Federal Judiciary Committee, 1990-1992)
- Bankruptcy Law Advisory Commission, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1987-1992)
- Rules Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas (Chair, 1985, and Co-Chair, 1993)
- East Texas Bankruptcy Bar Association (Director, 1991-2004)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Panel Trustee, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Chapter 7 and 11.
Board certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 1985. Board certified, Business Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 1994. Course Director, State Bar of Texas Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, 1990. Frequent author and speaker in continuing legal education programs and seminars on the topics of bankruptcy, reorganization, litigation and mediation (see attached Publications and Presentations ). Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. – “AV” rating since 1987. Named as a Texas “Super-lawyer” in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 by Texas Monthly magazine.