- Mediation Services
- 1970, Kansas
- 1974, Texas
- University of Kansas, J.D.
- Smith County Bar Association (President, 1988)
- State Bar of Texas
- East Texas Bankruptcy Bar Association (Director, 1991-2002)
- Smith County Bar Foundation (President, 2009)
- East Texas Chapter, Association of Attorney-Mediators (Director, 1993-2002)
- Board certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Course Director, State Bar of Texas Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, 1990.
- Accomplished author, speaker and panelist on bankruptcy, insolvency and reorganization issues – see Publications and Presentations.
- American Bar Association (member, Task Force on Economics of Chapter 11 Practice, Business Law Section, 1987-1988)
- State Bar of Texas (member, liaison with the Federal Judiciary Committee, 1990-1992)
- Bankruptcy Law Advisory Commission, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1987-1992)
- Rules Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas (Chair, 1985, and Co-Chair, 1993)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Panel Trustee, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Chapter 7 and 11.
Board certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 1985. Board certified, Business Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1994-2019. Course Director, State Bar of Texas Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, 1990. Frequent author and speaker in continuing legal education programs and seminars on the topics of bankruptcy, reorganization, litigation and mediation (see attached Publications and Presentations ). Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. – “AV” rating since 1987. Named as a Texas “Super-lawyer” in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 by Texas Monthly magazine.
Pro Bono Advocate of the Year, 2018. Justinian Award for Professional Excellence, Service to the Bar and Community, Smith County Bar Foundation, 2019.